Public health officials advise three additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
• a male in his 70s from the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• a male in his 60s from the Northern health region; and
• a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.4 per cent provincially and 3.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 116 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 114 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,810.
Public health officials are announcing that 46 new confirmed cases of the B.1.1.7 COVID-19 variant of concern have been detected, 44 from the Winnipeg health region and two from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• two cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 55 cases in the Northern health region;
• three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• five cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 51 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,169 active cases and 31,709 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 58 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 84 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 142 hospitalizations;
• 12 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 19 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 31 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 932; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 109 and B.1.351 is 14, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 123.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,959 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 573,567.
The outbreak at Actionmarguerite St. Joseph personal care home in Winnipeg has been declared over.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.