Public health officials advise one additional death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
• a male in his 70s from Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Golden Links Lodge personal care home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.3 per cent provincially and 3.8 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 111 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 105 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,696.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• zero cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 53 cases in the Northern health region;
• nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 46 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,109 active cases and 31,658 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 61 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 85 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 146 hospitalizations;
• 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 16 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 30 ICU patients;
• due to a data correction, one death that had been reported earlier has been removed so the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 929; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 63 and B.1.351 is 14, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 77.
Ongoing reviews of active case information has allowed for the removal of an additional 215 cases to ‘recovered’ from ‘active’ and provides a more accurate reporting of active cases.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,747 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 571,588.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.