Public health officials advise three additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
- a male in his 60s from Northern health region;
- a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre; and
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at Bethania Mennonite Personal Care Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10 per cent provincially and 8.8 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 133 new cases of the virus have been identified, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 26,450.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 11 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 34 case in the Northern health region;
- 28 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 13 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 47 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,414 active cases and 22,295 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- there are 162 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 154 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 316 hospitalizations;
- there are 21 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 16 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 37 ICU patients; and
- the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 741.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,566 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 440,532. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.