Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 0.45 per cent. Sixteen new cases of the virus have been identified since Saturday, including four on Saturday, six on Sunday and six as of 9:30 a.m. today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 400.
The data shows there were:
- four new cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region;
- four new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- four new cases in the Winnipeg health region; and
- four new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region.
The data also shows:
- three current hospitalizations, with two individuals in intensive care,
- 74 active cases and 319 individuals have recovered from COVID-19, and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at seven.
An additional 1,393 laboratory tests were completed on Friday, 1,581 on Saturday and 808 on Sunday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 84,967.
Case investigations are ongoing. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
Public health officials are advising that potential exposure to COVID-19 may have occurred from a case that visited the Sherwood Grocery Store in Gull Lake while symptomatic on July 19, 20 and 21.
People who are considered close contacts of a COVID-19 case will be contacted by public health officials and advised to self-isolate. Others who were at these sites on those days do not need to self-isolate, but should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
If people develop symptoms, they should self-isolate and visit www.manitoba.ca/covid19/ to use the online screening tool, or call Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257 for health guidance on how to seek testing.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19. A comprehensive list of Manitoba government COVID-19 measures can be found at: https://manitoba.ca/bg/2020/04/covid19.html.